+ Reply to Thread

Default PS3 Probleme mit dem Laser

After a lot of reading through countless threads and forums, these fixes tend to be temporary fixes, and for those lucky few a permanent fix. The main enemy is heat and after the board and BGA get to a certian temperature the board warps slightly cuasing the solder under the BGA to shift and crack causing signal loss and/or loose contact with one side.

I have 360 with the same issue and i was able to rig a basic fan controller to it and set the fan from medium to high. To this date (over a year) it hasn't had an issue as long as the board and BGA never get past a certian temperature (because before when I let the 360 control the fan it would get too hot and I would have to reheat up the BGA to in effect rewarp the board).

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a place on the board I can safely draw about 12 volts at about 3 Amps with out cuasing any stress to other components.
    The fan is rated at 12 VDC at 2.90 Amps. Not sure about the RPMs though.

If anyone knows of any modifications done to the origial heat spreaders. Or possibly a completely new Heat Spreader.

I will be modifying my PS3 to allow for better airflow through the use of either a 92mm, 120mm, or 200mm to force fresh air in over the Origianl PS3 HeadSpreader and use that Fan to remove the hot air.

PS3 Jailbreak
    PS3 Move
    playstation 3 dualshock controller
    Last edited by babay1; 12-08-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Default Re: PS3 Probleme mit dem Laser

insightful article brethren

◕‿ ◕

+ Reply to Thread