+ Reply to Thread

Default Sony slashes PS3 price to $299, announces new Slim model

Sony might not be able to keep a secret, but they can sure make an announcement.

After months of rumors and speculation, the company finally made official news of a brand new version of its PlayStation 3 console during a game convention in Germany on Tuesday. Called the "PlayStation Slim," the new system is due to release in North America and Europe on September 1 for $299 and €299, respectively. The price cut is immediate, however, meaning the soon-to-be-replaced 80 GB PlayStation 3 currently on store shelves is now only $299 as well.

Touting the same features and functionality of the current console, the Slim is true to its name, coming in at 33% smaller and 36% lighter. It's also greener, using 34% less power. But while its chassis has shrunk, its trunk space has grown with a new 120 GB hard drive. Who doesn't like roomy interiors? Check out these hi-res shots and see for yourself.

Sony hopes the long-awaited price drop will stimulate sales for its ailing system, which typically trails both the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox 360 (and occasionally Sony's own PlayStation 2) in monthly sales. The new price point at least closes that gap financially; $299 is on par with the standard model Xbox 360 and is only $50 more expensive than the Nintendo Wii.

The announcement could not come at a more fortuitous time, as the video game industry suffered another month of declining sales in July. Overall, the industry is down roughly 14% since last year.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...-model/1344378

ok... now I really wanna buy one xD
    Last edited by WMD54; 08-18-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Holy sh*t!
    Now I could get away with buying one since it kind of looks like the slim PS2. My parents wouldn't be able to tell the difference. xD
    I FAIL AT FAILING.

haha, ive got PS3 allready....for cheaper then that too
    shiping and handleing $251.00

Quote Originally Posted by WMD54 View Post
    Sony might not be able to keep a secret, but they can sure make an announcement.

After months of rumors and speculation, the company finally made official news of a brand new version of its PlayStation 3 console during a game convention in Germany on Tuesday. Called the "PlayStation Slim," the new system is due to release in North America and Europe on September 1 for $299 and €299, respectively. The price cut is immediate, however, meaning the soon-to-be-replaced 80 GB PlayStation 3 currently on store shelves is now only $299 as well.

Touting the same features and functionality of the current console, the Slim is true to its name, coming in at 33% smaller and 36% lighter. It's also greener, using 34% less power. But while its chassis has shrunk, its trunk space has grown with a new 120 GB hard drive. Who doesn't like roomy interiors? Check out these hi-res shots and see for yourself.

Sony hopes the long-awaited price drop will stimulate sales for its ailing system, which typically trails both the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox 360 (and occasionally Sony's own PlayStation 2) in monthly sales. The new price point at least closes that gap financially; $299 is on par with the standard model Xbox 360 and is only $50 more expensive than the Nintendo Wii.

The announcement could not come at a more fortuitous time, as the video game industry suffered another month of declining sales in July. Overall, the industry is down roughly 14% since last year.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...-model/1344378

ok... now I really wanna buy one xD
    hmm all this was copied and pasted i think you should have written it on ur own words then just post the link of the external source if you wanted to contribute that bad anyways i am buying this piece of beauty as soon as it comes out hehe

O_o good thing i did not buy a ps3 yet lol

dammit the PSPGO! is coming out on my b-day (October 1st ;])......dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by xXRaDiCaLXx View Post
    dammit the PSPGO! is coming out on my b-day (October 1st ;])......dammit.
    lol, my birthday's october 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMMY View Post
    hmm all this was copied and pasted i think you should have written it on ur own words then just post the link of the external source if you wanted to contribute that bad anyways i am buying this piece of beauty as soon as it comes out hehe
    yes i copied it, there's a link under the picture if you were too dense to notice. it was written better than i would have wrote it, and i'm not going to spend my time writing something else.
    "wanted to contribute that bad"
    uhhh... if just feeling like sharing some news with people demonstrates a pressing desire then yeah, sure, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD54 View Post
    lol, my birthday's october 2nd

yes i copied it, there's a link under the picture if you were too dense to notice. it was written better than i would have wrote it, and i'm not going to spend my time writing something else.
    "wanted to contribute that bad"
    uhhh... if just feeling like sharing some news with people demonstrates a pressing desire then yeah, sure, whatever.
    i have nothing to say good answer lol (with no flaming) pce

Yahoo!!! can't wait until the price is cut again. I looked at my PS2 I bought's price and now I can get it for $99 (I shoulda waited) But now that the Ps3's going cheaper I'm happy

it looks so sqaure and oblonged

3-16-2010
    Quoted from CB: _PRaLiNeS_ being a newfag
    Notice: xWhite_shadowx or any other member of codinghs is forbidden to take _PRaLiNes_ side on this matter lol

+ Reply to Thread