+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Default My CFW Tutorial [PSPGrader]

Installing Custom Firmware

This noob friendly guide will teach you how to downgrade/Install Custom Firmware (CFW) on a Official Firmware (OFW) PSP

Before you start, I want you to know that I'm not liable for anything that happens to your PSP, except successful installation =P.

This has been tested on 3 PSP's by myself and is compatible with the slim and fat, so it's basically full proof.

-----

Here are some terms you may need to know:

CFW - Custom Firmware; Allows you to install homebrew and other good stuff

Pandora Battery - A battery that can be bought or made, which puts your PSP into "service mode" and allows you to downgrade your PSP

MMS - Magic Memory Stick; A memory stick that is made by putting the neccesary "pandora files" on, and is needed to downgrade; Is also used to put emulaters, homebrew, ISO's/CSO's, etc.

-----

Requirements

1. A PSP (fat or slim)

2. Pandora Battery

3. Regular Battery

4. Magic Memory Stick

-----

How to make a Magic Memory Stick

For this part, you are going to need a memory stick with at least 256MB or 4GB at the most.

Before you can make a MMS (magic memory stick), you need to format your memory stick, you need to go into your XMB (PSP home screen) and go to " Settings " then " System Settings "
    and click on " Format Memory Stick " to prepare the memory stick for the pandora files.

*NOTE* This process DELETES ALL files on your mem stick, so you may want to back your files up on your PC *

You will also need " Winrar ", so you can extract the files, it can be obtained, here:

Code:
    http://www.Megaupload.com/?d=O1AIF7F1
    And you need to download " PSP Grader v8 " New!!
    here:

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RNUBNY4
    This installs the "pandora files" from your computer on to your memory stick, which turns it into a "magic memory stick".
    *NOTE* Works with XP AND Vista! *

You will need to download the 5.00 eBoot file, which you can get on the PSP Grader menu.

-----

Installation Process

1. Extract the PSPGrader_v008.rar file

2. Start the PSP Grader Application file up, It should install the program and there should be an icon with a psp on your desktop, connect your psp to your computer, and click on it to start the application

(This is what the Installer Menu should look like)

From there, all you need to do is locate what disk drive your psp is in, then select)

And start the pandora installer

----------

* This installer does EVERYTHING for you, all you do is sit back ad relax! *

When the Installer is done, you will now have a MAGIC MEMORY STICK!

-----

Pandora Battery

There are a few ways you can obtain a pandora battery,

Here are your options:

Hard-mod - Which means opening the battery and removing the necessary pin. (Best if used with a spare or extra battery)

Soft-mod - *NOTE* You WILL need a Custom Firmware enabled PSP for this method* If you have have a friend with a CFW PSP, you're in luck! This is probably the best method of obtaining a pandora battery.

Or Buy one, you can buy them online or from someone who makes them.

-----

Once you have created your MMS and have obtained a pandora battery, you are now on the final step to installing CFW on your PSP!

-----

Final and Most Important Steps

1. Completely turn off your PSP

2. Put your Magic Memory Stick in

3. Now put in your pandora battery (If nothing comes up, try holding the "L" trigger WHILE putting in he pandora battery)

The WLAN lights should start flashing, then your PSP should come on by it's self, if not, turn it on manually.

Choose your preferred option, then wait until it's finished.
    *NOTE* If you see a bunch of white letters on the screen, it's working!*

Once it's done, it should turn off your PSP.

Now take out your pandora battery, and insert a regular battery and start up your PSP

And now you should have CFW on your PSP!

To check if it worked, go the XMB (PSP home screen) and go to the " Settings " section and go down to " System Settings " then " System Information "
    and the current firmware shold read " 3.90 M33-3 " which means you have CFW or Custom Firmware!
    Last edited by Blaze_Fire; 03-17-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: UPDATED!!! With PiCs!!!

PM me if you see anything wrong and I'll fix it.

You should probably say that you need the PSP phat or slim to have CFW on it already before making the battery

or u can just use hellcatz one, u can do almost all of it on ur psp in 5 mins

◕‿ ◕

Quote Originally Posted by xWhite_Shadowx View Post
    You should probably say that you need the PSP phat or slim to have CFW on it already before making the battery
    You don't need CFW for this guide. This helps them downgrade/Install CFW on a official firmware PSP. They'd only need CFW if their unbricking I think.

What CFW does this put on your PSP? is it 3.51 m33
    Thanks Floppy: {^}

Quote Originally Posted by Paint4life View Post
    What CFW does this put on your PSP? is it 3.51 m33
    This installer has 3 different options. For slim, it installs 3.71 M33. And the other 2 options are for fat, and I believe they install 1.50 or 3.71 M33.

BTW, thnx Jam..

Thx Blaze. This guide really helped.

No Problem, good to hear it helped! btw, you think you could give me +k?

ive never really done that before so u think you could tell me how? I dont have a problem with given u any cuz this helped me out a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast