+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it safe?

Default is it safe?

Basically. i want to start downloading torrents again. but last time i got an email from charter.
    So now i have a mac changer and hide ip program. is it safe to download?

Default Re: is it safe?

Torrents are torrents. I suggest telling us first why you want to download it again. Is it for free movies, free games, free programs, or are you bored and just wanted to increase the space of your hard drive?

i would guess its ok but i dont have much experience with this seeing as i hardly ever torrent. id just stick to direct downloads any way. just out of curiosity are you a member of a private invite torrent site?
    Last edited by sdrawkcab; 07-04-2012 at 11:19 AM.

I use peerblock, use all their lists, and don't seed the torrent after I've downloaded it. Yes, I'm a terrible person, but I've never gotten in trouble.

leecher!

Short answer: No

Long answer: No, but if you do what the others have said and use peerblock and don't seed then you should be alright, but there's always a risk no matter what.
    Alternatively you could pay for a seedbox or a vpn and that would be about as safe as it gets, but if you're going to go that route then IMO you'd just be better off paying for RS premium or something and using direct downloads and cut out the hassle of all the other crap.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsYou View Post
    Short answer: No

Long answer: No, but if you do what the others have said and use peerblock and don't seed then you should be alright, but there's always a risk no matter what.
    Alternatively you could pay for a seedbox or a vpn and that would be about as safe as it gets, but if you're going to go that route then IMO you'd just be better off paying for RS premium or something and using direct downloads and cut out the hassle of all the other crap.
    Thanks. Yeah I'm not going to be downloading then. I'll just stick to direct download. Thanks

Note for all you saying use peerblock: It doesn't help and any organization that wishes to circumvent peerblock can do so easily. Peerblock is just a placebo and if anything it occasionally blocks seeders accidentally making your download slower. The only way to truly prevent getting caught torrenting is to torrent wisely. Don't try and torrent "The Avengers" or a new version of Photoshop or something hugely popular because that kind of torrent is being targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by xWhite_Shadowx View Post
    Note for all you saying use peerblock: It doesn't help and any organization that wishes to circumvent peerblock can do so easily. Peerblock is just a placebo and if anything it occasionally blocks seeders accidentally making your download slower. The only way to truly prevent getting caught torrenting is to torrent wisely. Don't try and torrent "The Avengers" or a new version of Photoshop or something hugely popular because that kind of torrent is being targeted.
    This. Also <3

+ Reply to Thread