SonniEs’ Ps2DiS Pointer Tutorial
I’m writing this tutorial for beginners or people that don’t understand DMA or Pointers
Ok DMA is basically how the memory shifts in a game Example u find 1 code then u die and it don’t work

Ok u want to address from 08800000

In this tutorial I will show you using an SFLS Dump (siphon filter Logan shadow) if you don’t have u can make1 yourself or get one from someone.
Now we will be following the pointer address that health uses the pointer form of infinite health made by me is:
0xFFFFFFFF 0x00655658
0x00000020 0x747A0000
The 0x00655658 is the pointer address basically the pointer address “points” to where the DMA code is, sometimes however there is more then one pointer, but I’m not gona get into that. So now go back to ps2dis and press G to jump to an address it will look like this:

Now enter in the pointer address + 08800000 so 00655658 + 08800000 = 08e55658 it should now look like this:

Press Enter Your screen will look something like this:

I labeled the Health pointer (which is used by more then just health)
Now press enter on the health pointer and highlight copy paste the “Data” the data is the value of that address.

Now go back and hit G again and paste the value of the pointers address into the bar
Note: your value will be different then mine

Then u will get a screen like this

I went ahead and labeled where health is but from the code I made earlier
0xFFFFFFFF 0x00655658
0x00000020 0x747A0000
You know that the offset from where the pointer “points” is health so if you take where the pointer points add 20 (in HEX!) u will get health’s address.
Health is a float value if you don’t know what float’s are they are values used for variables (ex. 3F800000 = 1, 40000000 = 2) health is 43480000 which in float is 200. You can find the float value in nitepr by simply pressing F.
FINDING ADDRESS POINTERs
Since the release of Sanik’s DMA hunter people don’t find pointers w/o it DMA hunter will be useful because its easy to use and would be helpful in the case of a large offset but when codes have multiple pointers it will be rendered useless so what you can do is using the knowledge u have on how pointers work and the fact that if there is multiple pointers the base will point to the next so what you can do is search the real address of the DMA code. So if your code was at the address 0x00645678 u would search for 0x08E45678 and then take off 4 from it and search again. When u start to get results u can then write them down and follow them and repeat the method. The only issue being what to do with your multiple pointers…you will need a strong knowledge of mips once you get that far and will be needing a different tutorial.