Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Default Be Beware R:R News

So whatever happened during the dev chat scheduled a few days ago for Resistance: Retribution? Well, most of it had generic questions from the fans: talk of Infected Mode and whether it's actually part of story canon (watch the ending!), plans for DLC (none!), PSP-to-PS3 connectivity, and other matters.

Here are a couple interesting exchanges between the fans and the devs (namely John Garvin and Chris Reese) at Sony Bend. The first has someone asking about how piracy affects them, while the second one has someone asking about the people who've been cheating online:

[Comment From KingsoraBe]

It really hurts me to see awesome PSP games selling bad because of piracy. What do you guys think about that your games get downloaded. Does it hurt when you see people talking about a downloader version of your game. Because even as a gamer I really hate it that people play the game in this way.

John Garvin: King: I wish pirates / players understood how much they were hurting developers on the PSP. If a dev can't make money on a platform, they won't put money into the games. For every game they pirate -- especially if it's a game they *finish* and had fun with and a game they go online with -- it hurts our ability to make a similar game next time.

[Comment From muhu] What are you going to do with those who cheat online? I've grown tired of encountering them in every other match I play.

Chris Reese: We are actively looking into the online cheating and logging information on the cheaters. There will be Retribution!

Take note that this dev chat happened the other day, right after Retribution just got released. And even at that time, the devs already knew about the online cheaters. If you happen to be one of them, beware, beware, beware!

More info

~Moved to PSP Chat.

how would they log this though... most of the information is client sided. The only way I can see them catching people are by dumb people openly showing they are hacking like today I saw a guy abuse the secondary .303 gun ammo hack with rapid fire, it was so obvious I felt like hitting him with a rock. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kdog2fast View Post
    how would they log this though... most of the information is client sided. The only way I can see them catching people are by dumb people openly showing they are hacking like today I saw a guy abuse the secondary .303 gun ammo hack with rapid fire, it was so obvious I felt like hitting him with a rock. lol
    Was his name "theREALNoEffex"?

Promote Free Software!

Quote Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
    LMFAO!

Meh until I see something done, I call this a bluff....
    SF never had support for DLC, doubt this does. That means no patches. All they can do is ban.... K so?
    On ps3 there were 24 hour bans for cheaters and mods joined games invisibly... Or at least that's what they say, not really sure never played RFOM or R2 but w/e...

yea this is just a bluff, Playstation really can't do anything to hackers, they can always corrupt their psp id and bamn dodged a ban.Anyways lol, it wasn't "theREALNoEffex" though I couldn't tell if you were serious or beging for an lol

Quote Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
    lmfao!!! yea i saw therealnoeffex hacking (i was hacking with him so it doesn't count lol)

yup not gunna hack on there anymore...
    dont need to get psn banned b4 i can play ps3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy120 View Post
    yup not gunna hack on there anymore...
    dont need to get psn banned b4 i can play ps3 lol
    haha yeah that would not be good scruffy :P
    WawR.

Cool

its ture my psn acc got banned over a week ago >.< ask syk lol but i made a new one so its tht easy:WooT:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast