+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Default Making Your first hack - By Murderface - Great For Beginners

This is just a preview of a new set of guides I and a few others are making, this is not the final guide, and not the only article. There will be many things covered in the final guides, think of this as a "teaser" of what's to come.
    Enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All Content In This Guide Is Property Of HaxCommunity. Do Not Reproduce Without Permission. Seriously.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is, the moment you've been waiting for, your first hack.If you've never made a code before then this will be quite an accomplishment for you. I'm going to use 2 different games as examples for this guide, Burnout: Dominator[ULUS-10236] and Untold Legends: The Warriors Code[ULUS-10086].For the NitePR tutorial, I will use Burnout, and for the Cheatmaster tutorial, I will use Untold Legends. If you would like to follow step by step, then check one of the popular download sites for these games
    One quick warning before we jump in, some games have what is known as DMA, which basically means that addresss have a tendency to change at certian points in the game. While not every game is DMA'ed, quite a few are, and most online games have DMA. We'll teach you how to tackle this in a later lesson. You can still make the code and follow along on a DMA'ed game, but that code may or may not stay permanent.
    Lets start off with Burnout Shall we? Go ahead and make sure you've got your plugin enabled, and start the game. I'll cover how to do it with NitePR first.

Upon starting the game, you should see the words "NitePR: Double Tap Home, then Press Vol + & -" start flashing at the very top of your screen, so lets go ahead and do that. This should happen every time you load a game with nitePR. You'll then be brought to a sceen that contains some notes about NitePR, you can choose to read them, or just bypass the message by pressing Start.You'll now be brought to a screen that looks like this:

This is your cheat menu, any saved cheats you have will show up here. As of right now, you can see we don't have any at the moment. Since we obviously just started the game, and don't really have any codes we can make for a menu, lets go ahead and start a "Maniac" event Under Race Breaker in the game, doesn't really matter which map or car you choose.

The object of a Maniac race in this game is to do crazy stunts, drive dangerous, etc, and earn points for it. But, we're the lazy type that doesn't feel like playing the game all day for the high score. So lets hack our Maniac Points shall we? As you can see in the below screenshot, I have 0 points 0 is usually a bad number to start searching with, so go earn some points, then we'll search this number.

There we Go! I Now have 87 points, that should be pretty easy to find. Go open NitePR again, Hit R to go into the searcher menu, and pick 'Search Exact Value' Why exact value? Because we know what the number being used to score our score is.Since there is a time limit on Maniac stages, hit pause before opening the NitePR menu, that way you don't have the round end mid search :/

In this next screen, you'll see the menu that shows after selecting "Search Exact Value", you don't need to look at it too much just yet, simply use th Dpad to scroll your blue cursor so it is under the part labeled 'Value.Dec'. Press X to edit the values, making it so your current score is all the way on the right.As you can see in the screenshot, mine says 87, because I have 87 points. When done, hit X again so your cursor is blue, press down on the dpad, and hit X when the word 'Search' is highlighted in red.

You'll see a progress percentage flash in the lower left corner, and after a few moments,it will tell you how many results it found. In my case, it said 204. Now, we're just looking for 1 address, not 204, so we need to narrow down the search some more. Press Circle Until you have left nitePR, and go earn some more points. I went out and played until I had 192 points. So now, I need to find an address that changed to 192.

Re-open NitePR, go to the searcher menu again, but this time, select 'Continue to find exact value'. Change the value to read your new score, in my case, 192.

Hooray! I'm down to only 2 results! If your search isn't at a low number, then you'll need to continue exiting nitePR, changing your score, re-opening nitePR, and searching the value under "Continue to find exact value". Repeat the process unil you get a low number of results. As a beginner, I'd recommend you try to get it down to 10 results or less, but that doesn't always happen. ust get it as low as you can.

Since I only have 2 results, I am going to try both of them, and see If I can change my score. Press down on the results screen until the first result is highlighted, press X to start adding the cheat. When the next screen come up, let's set our score to say 1000000. Once you've done that, you can press circle until you've exited the code, and are back at the cheat menu. Make sure the cursor is over your newly created code, hit X, then go back out to your game.

http://www.haxcommunity.com/images/aids/firsthack/8.png
    >_< Images Limited By codinghs rule settings :/
    http://www.haxcommunity.com/images/aids/firsthack/9.png

Once in game, hit the Note Button (Next to select) and if you have the right address, your score will change to 1 Million points. If that's what happened, congrats! If not, then go back to the list, and repeat the process with the next result on the list. Keep doing it until you find something that works. Now that your score has been hacked, you can go fool around until the game's time expires.
    The way we just applied our cheat, only modifies the value of our score once. Sometimes, some games will switch it back even after you hack it. For things like that, we have the hz option in NitePR. Open up Nitepr,hit R twice, to where you are in the 'PRX' menu. In that menu, you'll see an option that will let you select what interval your code is applied. 15/1000 is the fastest nitepr can go, and is the most common setting you'll ever use.
    http://www.haxcommunity.com/images/a...rsthack/11.png

Heheh image limits
    Nice guide MF Should help all the noobs around here

nice guide!
    you should prob space out the 3 nitePR images it looks like just one image

can someone help me were do i get this NitePr deal do i need custom firmware sorry im new to this whole deal

Quote Originally Posted by Syphongamer08 View Post
    can someone help me were do i get this NitePr deal do i need custom firmware sorry im new to this whole deal
    yes you need custom firmware, please post in the correct sections.

thanks for the information. But where we can find the cheat menu? I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacify View Post
    thanks for the information. But where we can find the cheat menu? I can't find it.
    nitePR? just search the plugins section, youl find it

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy120 View Post
    nitePR? just search the plugins section, youl find it
    I think he should use coderPR, it's a bit better, don't ya think?
    [Donate to me:>Here<]
    [Add +REP to me:>Here<]

.:Private Message Me For help!:.

.:Please +REP for anything you download of mine! Thanks!:.

[MASSiVE PSP DOWNLOADS THREAD]

What I've used of Coderpr It looks better

where u copy and paste the nitepr and what else u need to hack dark mirror

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast