+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Default My Intro To ps2dis

Daffy’s introduction to ps2dis

A look at ps2dis
    This is so you can get a little more familiar with what you are dealing with.

Note: This guide is for people who have already learned and mastered nitepr searcher code making. For any who have not please feel free to visit my guide to beginning hacking.

Dumping A Game
    Ok so we are going to start off with getting to know ps2dis. Now psp is not the only system ps2dis is for. But for this guide I will be using psp games such as socom ftb2 to walk you through this. First off you load your dump. Don’t have a dump yet? your going to need to find one or make one yourself. Making one is simple. Just follow these very simple easy steps. First off go ahead and start up the game you want to hack. Now go to [PRX]. Now scroll down to Dump RAM Slot # 0 and click on it. Now after that gets done go to Reset Codes Slot #0. Now your psp may restart and it may not. Now exit the game and plug in your psp. Now depending on the game you may have one or more dumps. But they will be on the root of your mem stick titled “Dump 0” or “Dump 1” and so forth.

Starting Off
    Ok to start this off you going to need to open ps2dis. Now that you opened ps2dis your going to want to load one of those dumps we talked about earlier. You can do this 1 of 2 ways. You can either click the folder icon at the top left or go to “File”> “Open”. Then you find the folder you put your dump in and select it. Then a box will pop up. It will say load from 000000000 and address from 0000000000 now change address from to 088000000.Now that the dump is loaded you need to “Invoke The Analyzer” You do this by going to “Analyzer” > “Invoke The Analyzer”. This is going to take a very long time and slow down you computer a bit. On The bright side you don’t have to let it invoke all the way just about until its past the “loading…” you’ll see on the bottom.

Ok we are going to start with some modding.

Modding

Ok so to get starting in your dis career you need to learn something like modding. Now to mod u need to have invoked and everything we mention before(like you would for any other code process). Now you going to need to decide what you want to mod. weather it be the time of a game or a bullet rate or maybe something else its up to you. Now once you decide your going to need to search for a label that beholds what you need. You can search labels by pressing CTRL+G on your keyboard. Now your going to type in “your label here” be sure to use the “ marks or your not going to find anything. Once you find it it will take you an area of text. Now were the line it takes you press the space button and then f3.
    Note: What this does is when you press the space bar it selects the line that its currently on. When you press F3 it takes you to the referrer of the selected line

Now that your at your referrer your going to want to scroll down a bit with the down arrow button. Now your going to be looking for the command li. That’s were u will usually find what you are looking for. Now your going to have to use your brain here a bit. Think about what u want to mod. Im going to use a popular mod that’s used in lots of tutorials. Say you want to mod the amount of bullets that come out of a gun. Well think how many bullets come out of a gun at one time. Wel if you don’t know the answer to that then go away from my tut. So your going to look for the register $000000001 or something of the sort. Now lets quote Harry62 who quotes DarkKiller really quick

Quote Originally Posted by Harry62

Your probably thinking "alright, I found it" but, you havn't, not yet. The register in that one is a "a3", that's not what we want.

Q: Why isn't this the address for the code?
    A:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dark Killer
    Its because $a registers contain arguments to pass to functions, $v registers contain results from functions.
    Now scan again for another address under that..... results: 003f1218 You have now found the correct line.

Q: Why is this the correct address?
    A:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dark Killer
    In this example, $v0 must contain the results of another function that does the actual calculation. Writing a value into $v0 will override the results of that function.
    Quotes from DK posts pwn.

Final Results:
    Bullet Count
    203f1218 2402XXXX
    Why did I quote some1 else in my tut you may ask? Because he puts it better then I could and I would just end up saying the same thing anyways just in different words.

Ok Now we are going to learn our first MIPS command.
    nop.
    the nop command performs no operation. Wich would be used to disable something.
    Any hex for an nop is 00000000.

Now that really all I have to say about nop. That’s not hard to learn and figure out.

Now lets learn about float values a bit.

Floats

All float values are is variables in a game. for example GMP’s size mod is a float because size is a float value. Now This next part I leanred from OldSkool. Floats are mostly the command lui. so If you come across something you think is a float and its an lui, then you need to play with the hex a bit. if you make the hex more on the size float. Then you would be bigger. If you made it less, then you would be smaller.

Ok well I hope you made a code or two off of this tut. But there is more then just making a code and throwing on paper. If you remember when you first loaded the dump you loaded the address from 08800000, well you have to do something to your final addresses.

Finishing Up
    Now that you’ve completed a code you need to unraw it.

Since you loaded from 08800000 your going to want to subtract from the address. Lets use an example.

Say I had an address 08c90876
    ok well I would have to do 08800000-08c90876

Now 8-8=0 8-c=4 so you final address will be 00490876
    For your refrence the nuber go 0-9 and the letter go A-F so the hex alphabet is
    0123456789ABCDEF.

Well I hope this tut got you a bit more friendly with PS2DIS. If you have any questions please feel free to post here or simply pm me.

In my next tut next time i get time ill be explaining the mips assembly language.

Thx Nice Guide, +REP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice guide Daff.

Default 一段从高三就吵吵闹闹到大二的感情就这样散了

xWSx banned me for spamming chinese letters and g4y sites :[
    Last edited by xWhite_Shadowx; 09-04-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Good tut, lol xWSx ^^

Nice start...On the finish up you might want to add what type of address that is [J] and making it real.

nice tut!

nice work dude =D

Great guide Daff, +rep

Question

1 question, wat happens if i find more than 1 command of "li" code?????
    MOHH1: AvA 16

MOHH2: AvA 16 :eek:

SWRS: FlamingMan16

Killzone: AvA-16

My codinghs Goals:

[] Get 50 Posts
    [] Get 100 Posts
    [] Get 150 Posts
    [x] Release 1 Guide
    [] Become A 1337 Coder
    [] Hopefully Get Free VIP

+ Reply to Thread