+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Psp News

Default Psp News

All this news was taken directly from PSPupdates so here i will update this thread regularly so here it is
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The top three marketing firms tracking sales in North America, the UK, and Japan are teaming up. While there are continuous individual reports from the NPD Group (New York), Chart Track (London), and Enterbrain (Tokyo), they'll now be combining results every month in the form of the Top Global Markets Report.

The Top Global Markets Report, as announced via press release, will be released on a per month basis and will show video game titles, the number of sales and market share - basically, the usual stuff we see in charts. What's cool now is that we get to see monthly reports as a whole, with all three regional numbers combined.

And look what we have here! The first Top Global Markets Report has already been released, and guess what's on top?

Grand Theft Auto 4 -- 6,293,000 -- 4,711,000 -- 1,582,000 -- NA
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- 5,433,000 -- 3,539,000 -- 213,000 -- 1,681,000
    Mario Kart Wii -- 4,697,000 -- 2,409,000 -- 687,000 -- 1,601,000
    Wii Fit -- 3,604,000 -- 1,433,000 -- 624,000 -- 1,547,000
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock -- 3,475,000 -- 3,037,000 -- 412,000 -- 26,000
    The first number (the ones in bold font) are the totals for all three regions. The following three numbers show, in order, totals for US, UK, and Japan.

What you have to know here is that this first report is a year-to-date software sales total. Also, do note that GTA4 has only been released in the US and Europe, and not in Japan. Which says a lot because, even with Japan excluded from the numbers, GTA4 is still on top.

If you look at the following three games though, all three of them are Wii-exclusive titles. Which also says a lot for Brawl, Kart, and Fit because, even without a multi-platform sales push, they still remain somewhere at the top.

For now, there doesn't seem to be any sign of any software from the handheld side of the market. Maybe soon enough, as the months progress, we'll see constant upheavals popping in and out of the charts.
    [Via QJ]
    Last edited by jimmywilldie; 08-22-2008 at 07:24 AM.
    My Xbl Gamertag is NinjaMan691 Find me on COD4!

Need iPod/iPhone help jailbreak help or anything message me

Hate my name i know i do donate to change

U play travian?

meh, GTA4 SUCKED!! ppl hyped it up to something its not......and no out side links!!

You Suck, Gta 4 is a great game

Thanks SB

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown-420 View Post
    You Suck, Gta 4 is a great game
    lol, its a good game, dont get me wrong, but ppl talk about how great it is, when its REALLY not that great...could be better....ill blame it on microsoft lol

...and wow were have u been unknown??

Playing Gta 4 lol

Thanks SB

Please, don't post full urls of outside links. You can post the link as long as you remove the www. and .com from the link. You've been warned...
    Last edited by ArmedllllKiLLa; 08-22-2008 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Middle sentence...

todays news....

The wait is finally over for Electronic Arts -- at least as far as the Fedral Trade Commission is concerned. A couple of months ago, EA made an agreement with the FTC stating that they will hold out on buying Take-Two until one of these two things happen: a) FTC finishes its investigation on the takeover bid, or b) 45 days pass after EA complies with an information request from FTC.

Well it looks like it's scenario A that happened as the Federal Trade Commission has now given EA the green light on their proposal for the Take-Two acquisition. The conclusion of the non-public investigation, which was to determine whether EA's acquisition of T2 may violoate Section 7 of the Clayton Act or Section 5 of the FTC Act, was that the potential merger would not substantially lessen competition in the games market.

A letter sent by the FTC to both companies involved read, "Upon further review of this matter, it now appears that no additional action by the Commission is warranted at this time. Accordingly, the investigation has been closed."

Talks are still going on between the two companies, but it does look like it's about to come to a close. What's keeping the debate raging on is the issue on the appropriate per-share asking price. With this FTC development, it looks like Pachter sure is a step closer to proving his prediction true: EA will win out this round.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    also...

Picture is a simple homebrew game from Mathfacts. Essentially, it's a Spot-the-Difference game with a more modern implementation on the PSP. Pretty cool, actually.

In a given picture there are eight differences hidden. Now after studying the picture well, press the square key and the modified picture will come out. There'll be a red square that you can move around for you to focus on the differences. Just press X to highlight the difference, and it will be marked by a yellow square.

If you want to review the original picture, you can switch back to it using the square key again. To see how many items you got correct, press the triangle button. For the rest of the controls, right bumper functions as control for background music, and the circle button allows you to skip to the next picture.

This homebrew contains six pictures, which can provide you about one to two hours of play, "depending on how sharp you are." Mathfacts also invites you guys to make your own pictures so he can play the game as well. Obviously, as he's the one who created the homebrew, he knows what the answers are to the puzzle so it's just not fun.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok there is a download for that so idk if i can put it there??? there is more....

Nintendo has slowly been on the rise these past couple of weeks, based on the latest numbers sent in by the Media Create analyst group in Japan. The DS handheld once again took the top spot in the hardware charts, along with its respective software title Rhythm Tengoku Gold (known as Rhythm Heaven in North America).

Many other DS games jumped up several notches and have made a comeback on the top 10 software titles list. Among these include Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, which leaped up seven places, and Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS, back in eighth place after spending last week in the 22nd slot.

On the hardware side of things, the DS has slowly increased its lead from the PlayStation Portable, now with a comfortable headway of a little more than 12,000 units over its rival handheld. Xbox 360 sales dropped back down to last place due to a significant shortage of units available in the country.

Here are the rest of the details to the hardware and software sales numbers for the week of August 11 to August 17:

Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) - DS
    Phantasy Star Portable (Sega) - PSP
    Dragon Quest V: Tenkuu no Hanayome (Square Enix) - DS
    Wii Fit (Nintendo) - Wii
    Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - Wii
    Fire Emblem: Shin Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Ken (Nintendo) - DS
    Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo) - DS
    Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7-tsu no Shima no Daibouken (Namco Bandai) - DS
    Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 15 (Konami) - PS2
    Wario Land Shake (Nintendo) - Wii
    DS Lite - 78,666
    PSP - 64,413
    Wii - 53,036
    PS3 - 11,393
    PS2 - 10,168
    Xbox 360 - 7,358

boooo DS is on top well check in tommorow because more will be arrivng lol!!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Leipzig Games Convention 2008 will be seeing two more days before it finally draws to a close, but already the awards ceremony has taken place last night. We're still trying to catch up on all the news from Leipzig, but for now, report on the cream of the crop!

Spanning 29 exhibitors and a grand total of about 120 software and hardware titles, only nine awards were given out, with each category representing a gaming platform.

PSP: Resistance: Retribution (Sony)
    PS3: LittleBigPlanet (Sony)
    360: Mirror's Edge (Electronic Arts)
    Wii: Skate It (Electronic Arts)
    DS: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Sega)
    PC: Spore (Electronic Arts)
    MMO: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (Electornic Arts)
    Mobile: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
    Hardware: PlayTV (Sony)
    We also hear that the attendance at this year's GC is a record. The attendance for 2008 has increased from last year's 35,000 population, to this year's 38,000.

lol SONY
    Last edited by jimmywilldie; 08-22-2008 at 05:15 PM.

U play travian?

sorry for delays inthe news im just scared about double posting but ill just take my chances with this instead of keep updating so more people will look at this post srry any mod i get an infraction from (please dont ban me)
    Right out of the Leipzig Games Convention, you better get ready for the next big event in the video games industry! The Tokyo Game Show is finally gearing up with this year's theme of "Ready for GAME time!"

And you definitely should be. We just got whiff of the full list of exhibitors to be present at this year's event. Just so you know (are you packing your bags yet?), the event is to be held from October 9 to 12; the first two days being the business days, while the final two would be open to the public.

Now for the list! We see Sony and Square Enix sitting side by side there, and there's Microsoft, Level-5, Sega, Koei, Tecmo, Capcom, EA, and D3Publisher populating the list too. But wait... where's Nintendo? Going MIA again like last year, eh? Well, I'm sure a lot of third-parties are there to show some Nintendo DS and Wii games.

Given these exhibitors... Think you can already expect what kind of announcements to find? Will we see new games or just updates on previously announced games? It's definitely getting my heart pumping... It's GAME time!

* Academy of Art University
    * ACQUIRE CORPORATION
    * ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
    * Beijing Tidemark Consulting Co., Ltd.
    * bushiroad
    * CANADA GAMES
    o Bug-Tracker
    o Complex Games Inc.
    o D-Box Technologies Inc.
    o Deep Fried Entertainment Inc.
    o Di-O-Matic, Inc.
    o DTI Software Inc.
    o Enzyme Testing Labs
    o Fugitive Interactive Inc.
    o GestureTek Inc.
    o Hothead Games, Inc.
    o Q8ISMobile Inc.
    o Quazal Technologies Inc.
    o Sarbakan Game Studio
    o Side Effects Software Inc.
    o Studio X Labs
    o Wave Generation
    o Wicked Studios Inc.
    * CAPCOM CO., LTD.
    * CNET Networks Japan K.K.
    * costy
    * D3PUBLISHER INC.
    * DeNA Co., Ltd.
    * ELECTRONIC ARTS K.K.
    * ENTERBRAIN, INC.
    * FromSoftware, Inc.
    * G DATA Software K.K.
    * GAMETECH CO., LTD.
    * Geisha Tokyo Entertainment, Inc.
    * HOLLAND PAVILION
    o BGIn
    o Control / Het Redactielokaal
    o Dutch Game Garden
    o Elements Interactive Mobile
    o Ex Machina
    o Grendel Games
    o Khaeon Games
    o Netherlands Foreign Trade Agency EVD
    o NHL University
    o NLGD Foundation
    o Province of Fryslan
    o Province of Utrecht
    o Streamline Studios BV
    o Triangle Studios
    o Utrecht School of the Arts
    o White Bear Holding BV Imma Games
    * HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.
    * INTERCHANNEL
    * IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.
    * ITPIA CO., LTD.
    * JAPAN e-SPORTS ASSOCIATION PREPARATORY COMMITTEE
    * KDDI CORPORATION
    * KOEI CO., LTD.
    * KONAMI
    * Koubou Inazumagumi
    * LEVEL-5 Inc.
    * Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
    * MATCHINGWORLD, Inc.
    * Microsoft Co., Ltd.
    * MORI GAMES CO., LTD.
    * NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
    * Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
    * NTT DOCOMO, Inc.
    * PLANEX COMMUNICATIONS INC.
    * PRIME SENSE
    * Prometech Software, Inc.
    * SEGA CORPORATION
    * Silver Star Japan
    * SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION
    * Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    * SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
    * TAITO CORPORATION
    * Taiwan Game Pavilion
    o FunTown World Limited
    o Gemmy Planet, Inc.
    o Goldrock Inc.
    o Insrea Game Center Corporation
    o Joymaster Inc.
    o Lager Network Technologies Inc.
    o Mega Net&Tech Co., Ltd.
    o M-etel Co., Ltd.
    o Winking Entertainment Corporation
    o XPEC Entertainment Inc.
    o Zeroplus Technology Co., Ltd.
    o Taipei Hsien Computer Association
    o Taiwan External Trade Development Council
    * TATA ELXSI LIMITED
    * TECMO, LTD.
    * TGL PLANNING INC.
    * The Behemoth
    * TOMY COMPANY, LTD.
    * Transcosmos Inc
    * Vuzix Corporation
    * Yudo Inc.

Mobile Content Area

* Ambition Co., Ltd.
    * Cherry Quartz
    * Chiralion Ltd.
    * Creative Brain, Inc.
    * INTERSAVE CO., LTD.
    * KEMCO
    * Media Magic Co., Ltd.
    * RideonJapan, Inc.
    * SEALZ Co., Ltd.
    * Spicysoft Corporation

PC Online Games Area

* ai sp@ce-Virtual Life System
    * BIF Inc.
    * CDNetworks Japan Co.,Ltd
    * Cyberstep, Inc.
    * Delgamadas
    * Faith, Inc.
    * IMA GROUP
    * METAIMAGE
    * MiCROViSiON Inc.
    * Surfersparadise
    * TAIWAN A.C.G. EDUCATION
    * VASARA Co., LTD.

Kids' Area

* CAPCOM CO., LTD.
    * D3PUBLISHER INC.
    * ELECTRONIC ARTS K.K.
    * FromSoftware, Inc.
    * KDDI CORPORATION
    * KOEI CO., LTD.
    * KONAMI
    * LEVEL-5 Inc.
    * Microsoft Co., Ltd.
    * NTT DOCOMO, Inc.
    * Prometech Software, Inc.
    * SEGA CORPORATION
    * Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    * SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
    * TAITO CORPORATION
    * TECMO, LTD.
    * TOMY COMPANY, LTD.

Game School Area

* Anabuki College Group
    * Arts College Yokohama
    * Aso Business Computer College
    * Digital Entertainment Academy Co., LTD.
    * ECC COLLEGE OF COMPUTER AND MULTIMEDIA
    * Higashi-Nihon Design & Computer College
    * International Art & Design College
    * JAPAN ELECTRONICS COLLEGE
    * Kobe Institute of Computing / Kobe College of Computing
    * Nagoya Kougakuin College
    * Niigata Computer College
    * Niigata High Technology College
    * NIPPON ENGINEERING COLLEGE/TOKYO UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
    * Numazu Professional College of Information Technology
    * Osaka Electro-Communication Univ. Department of Digital Games
    * Ota Information & Business College
    * Professional Training College Tokyo Net Wave
    * SOGOGAKUEN HUMAN ACADEMY
    * Tohoku Computer College
    * TOKYO COMMUNICATION ARTS
    * TOKYO DESIGNER GAKUIN COLLEGE
    * Tokyo Kogakuin College of Technology
    * TRIDENT COLLEGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
    * World Institute of Zeal artists for digital and technology
    * Yokohama Digital Arts
    * Yoyogi animation institute

Sales Area

* Alchemist
    * AT-X, Inc.
    * bushiroad
    * CAPCOM CARD GAME
    * CAPCOM CO., LTD.
    * COSPA Inc.
    * Game Center CX
    * HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.
    * IREM STORE
    * Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
    * SAN-EI CO., LTD.
    * SOFTBANK Creative Corp.
    * SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
    * SQUARE ENIX MUSIC

Business Solution Area

* 3Di INC.
    * BitCash Inc.
    * Bit-isle Inc.
    * BITS Co., Ltd
    * Born Digital, Inc.
    * Community Engine Inc.
    * CREEK & RIVER Co., Ltd.
    * CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
    * DIGITAL RIVER JAPAN K.K.
    * FINE Co., Ltd.
    * FONTWORKS Inc.
    * Fukuoka Game Industry Promotion Agency
    * Global Collect
    * GONZO ROSSO K.K.
    * Hitachi ULSI Systems Co., Ltd.
    * HONG KONG TRADE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
    * Marubeni Corporation
    * MINE LOADER SOFTWARE CO., LTD.
    * Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
    * Mizuho Capital Co., Ltd.
    * Mizuho Investors Securities Co., Ltd.
    * NeuroSky Inc.
    * NIHON BINARY CO., LTD.
    * ONE NorthEast
    * SANTOKU CORPORATION
    * Scaleform Corporation
    * Suzhou Snail Electronic Co,Ltd.
    * TIS Inc.
    * Web Technology Corp.

Business Meeting Area

* Akamai Technologies Inc.
    * CAPCOM CO., LTD.
    * ELECTRONIC ARTS K.K.
    * FromSoftware, Inc.
    * Game Republic, Inc.
    * GAMETECH CO., LTD.
    * GONZO ROSSO K.K.
    * HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.
    * KOEI CO., LTD.
    * MINE LOADER SOFTWARE CO., LTD.
    * Nokia N-Gage
    * Now Production
    * Suzhou Snail Electronic Co,Ltd.
    * TECMO, LTD.
    * Transcosmos Inc
    * WIZARBOX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some good news for Hideo Kojima fans out there. Remember how the Metal Gear creator said that Guns of the Patriots was his last project in the series? Well, he might come back for the fifth game after all.

In a recent interview with Kikizo, Kojima finally admitted that he might continue to act as producer for future games in the series:

When we look ten years into the future, maybe yes, I may well end up spending more time on the Metal Gear series.

I always intend to stay true to these statements; I do always say what I actually feel at that time, after each Metal Gear, when I say I am going to move on to the next project. But it’s like when Hayao Miyazaki says he is not going to do more, and then always ends up doing it.

If you are unfamiliar with Miyazaki (heathen!), he is the co-founder of Studio Ghibli, and the director of many popular anime films such as Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

*Minor update* Oh, and it was Kojima's birthday on August 24. He is now 45 years old. A belated happy birthday to one of gaming's living legends.

------------------------With the Leipzig Games Convention 2008 finally closing its curtains, we now get confirmation that next year's event has already been scheduled. The announcement was made via press release by Leipziger Messe GmbH CEO Wolfgang Marzin: GC 2009 will be held from August 19 to 23, also in Leipzig.

Along with the announcement, we hear of a survey conducted to this year's event's visitors, asking them if they'd want to see another GC next year.

Among all the visitors - whether trade exhibitor or part of the general public (some of which have travelled from half way across the world just to see the show) - a vast majority of about 90% agreed.

This makes me think of what the outcome would have been if a survey like this were conducted at the end of this year's E3, but moving on...

GC 2008's success is proven by the sheer number of visitors who dropped in: over the four-day period, some 203,000 people came in. Compared to last year, the number of software and hardware companies from around the world who participated in the Leipzig event have increased, from 189 to 234--------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we missed quite a lot over the weekend, one of which: a batch of screens straight from Square Enix for Final Fantasy Agito XIII. Sweet. Details are pretty scarce, but the recent bare-bones fact sheet (check out the related content below) helps a lot in placing how far along in development this game is.

As for the screens, there's three of them today. Not as huge a batch as I would have wanted, but it'll suffice. We haven't seen much of Agito yet anyways, so any footage would have to do. Besides, one curious thing we see in this batch of screenshots is none other than sword-slashing summon, Odin.

He's been around for gods know how long, and of course, Square Enix can't just leave him out of F♥♥♥ito 13! As you might have heard, summons in this game are going to be controllable. I'm just not sure if the summons get their own red scarf from the Academy though. Aww, poor Odin.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there will be more big updates because of my school so see ya next update

U play travian?

amd gta 4 is psp news... why?
    Funny Quotes

kyolix10:Lol?
    Python74:did you just LOL after your own question now thats what i call weird
    +REP Here

i didn't really bothered reading bucuz i hav an iq of a ps1 and thts alot of reading....anyway we all know about leipzig but r u covering PAX (yes i no its capital
    letters).if not u could watch g4 tv's source 4 gaming they r talking about pax 2day and later in a couple of days

HALF-LIFE IS THE SHIT

IF u want pictures like these then check out my albums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast