+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Psp News

here are some more recent news only the good ones i was waiting for someone to respond but...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homebrew developer biscottealacrevette recently made a new homebrew plugin which can make saving files on your PlayStation Portable's Internet browser a whole lot easier. Entitled "SimplySaver", it basically allows you to choose which directory you want to save any file you've downloaded. This makes it more convenient managing your downloads on the get go instead of retrieving them from the common directory.

The program has been confirmed to work on Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2, although the developer admitted not having tested it on the older CFWs. To install it, just copy the contents of the file bundle into the root directory of flash0: and it should already work once you fire up your handheld's browser.

You can leave any feedback regarding SimplySaver v0.2 at the PSP Development forum, accessible through the link below.

Download: SimplySaver v0.2
    Visit: QJ.NET's PSP Development forum

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So did you think Sony just wanted to release a new PSP with a different name? Hell no. Famitsu.com and Impress Watch donned their sleuthing gloves and found some hidden features on the PSP-3000.

As it turns out, the goods are in the firmware. As Famitsu.com uncovered, there are now bonus options for your handheld, such as setting for "Color Space" under the system settings section of the XMB. For this particular feature, you can switch between Wide - which exploits the full colored depth of the revised hardware - and Normal - which gives you back the PSP-2000 level color.

A second firmware revamp is in the option for Automatic USB Connection. With this switched on, the PSP automatically goes to USB mode when a device is connected. And then, there's also a new noise reduction feature for video out, to cut out all that noise when outputting the PSP's video signal to television.

Those are some pretty interesting changes, don't you agree? But what's even more interesting is how the homebrew community will adapt and utilize these new firmware options for their projects. Stay tuned. We'll be watching out for more news to bring to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eeny-meeny-minee-mo. Think you can pick out which of these are PSP Slims and which are PSP Brites? Following the strawberry comparison photos we found the other week, we now have a whole bulk load of side-by-side shots of the PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 from Famitsu today.

As you may all know, the PSP-3000 is everything the Slim is (in terms of physical dimensions), but with A) a brighter/sharper screen due to its higher contrast ratio, and B) a microphone at the bottom center of the face. After seeing more comparison photos though, we can now add more differences to the list:

C) the PSP-3000 has rounder/smoother edges on the left and right sides of the PSP unit,
    D) the back has a thinner circle circumscribing the PSP logo, and
    E) as already seen in the previous strawberry shot, the switching of the Sony logo from the right side of the screen to the left

Say hello to the future of the PSP! With exception of the first photo below, all images have the PSP-3000 on top, PSP-2000 below. Look at those jellybeans! And to borrow the description from Famtisu, human skin now actually looks "healthier". Click the thumbs for an enlarged view (make sure the page has full loaded first though)!

The following pics (from GameWatch) also show the top, bottom, and side comparisons of the Ceramic White and Ice Silver models for the PSP-3000 and -2000, as well as a screen comparison (from ITmedia) of what the two models look like in the dark:
    My Xbl Gamertag is NinjaMan691 Find me on COD4!

Need iPod/iPhone help jailbreak help or anything message me

Hate my name i know i do donate to change

U play travian?

Smile 香港六合彩简单介绍www.188558.com

xWSx banned me cuz he r leet
    Last edited by xWhite_Shadowx; 09-04-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Intresting lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2