+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ISO modding?

Default ISO modding?

can some one please teach me how to mod iso's. (just basic stuff.) i cant find any thing when i search it on Google. basically what i mean is edit the ram of a game and then save the iso. so the values are always like that when you start up the game. sorry my explanation sucks.. thanks in advance.

Default Re: ISO modding?

So, late reply, but I don't think it would be easy as you make it to be. Going off my (relatively limited) knowledge of programming, you'd have to basically change the underlying code. I'm going to use an example from what I know, it might not be exactly the same for psp games, but it should be similar enough to apply. Say for instance you want to change the health. Somewhere in the program that is the game, there's a line of code along the lines of:
    health = 100
    which will initialize a local (to the system) variable in the ram. you'd somehow overwrite or override that code to do what you're talking about. the game and the ram are two separate things. i'm 99% sure the easiest thing to do what you want is to modify the ram values with whatever flavor *pr you use (or other app)

tl;dr: in my opinion and to the best of my knowledge it's not easy, and is probably, in fact, prohibitively complicated.

Default Re: ISO modding?

ok, thanks. sound pretty damn hard but i might give it a shot later

+ Reply to Thread