+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Default [UCES-00420] Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters [EU]

I'll be using the template now, so..

1.) As you can see in the thread title, I'm requesting some codes for the european version of Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters [UCES-00420].

2.) What I would like the code to do is: Moonfly/Moonjump (some call it "infinite jump").

3.) CWcheat is prefered. If it's possible, the code should work in singleplayer/story mode. Multiplayer wouldn't hurt either, but that's optional.

So yeah, I'd be really grateful, if someone could put effort and time into making the code. Cheers!
    The post above is a lie... Not!

Default Re: [UCES-00420] Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters [EU]

#Infinite Jump
    0x00BF8BB8 0x10000004
    0x00BF5DF8 0x10000004
    0x00BF31B8 0x10000004
    0x00BE88F8 0x10000004

I think this might be [US]..

i dont have this game but if you want to make the code your self here's a quick guild

first go to nite pr options and make sure "Pause Game" is set to "True"

1) enter nite pr and search for unknown value
    2) jump then enter nite pr (make sure your in the air when it's paused)
    3) then search "greater" (it may take awhile find something to do while you wait)
    4) go back to game and wait for your player to hit the ground
    5) once your player has both feet on the ground go back to nite pr and search for unknown value "less" (you can also search exact value 0 which is faster but less is safer in my opinion)
    6) repeat steps 2,3,4 and 5 untell you only have a few results
    7) (you can skip this step if you like) once your down to 5-20 results copy the address's on to a piece of paper or your computer so if you freeze you wont need to find them again
    8) play around with the address's that change values when you switch from air to ground
    9) hooray your done and hopefully all your hard work payed off if it did not thats sucks but you probably found some useful address's and maybe your Z cords
    Last edited by sdrawkcab; 11-01-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Okay, the problem is, like I said above, I use CWcheat. And to usually activate it, I have to hold the Select button. But when I hold said button and then jump (X button), it doesn't open. And the interface seems to be much different from nitePR.

And as far as I read on another forum, this game uses no DMA. So there's a different code for each level, thus implying the hard effort in the post above. :P

But nonetheless, I shall get nitePR now and try your steps, but help and code is still appreciated.

EDIT: Meh, I use nitePR Rev K (STABLE). And there are 3 options for the unknown value search. There's 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit. Which one is prefered?

EDIT2: Okay, the search took forever (like 30 minutes or more) and there's a ton of values/addresses. I modified some decimals from 00000000 to 00000001, but the game crashed. I don't know what to do. Stuff like this is beyond my grasp.
    Last edited by SonicVaan; 11-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.

hmm.. 32bit=8 numbers 16=4 numbers 8bit=2 numbers.. jump would be 32bit most likely before modifying from 0 to 1 find a value that's 0 then jump and if its changed modify it if it the same it has nothing to do with jump. uhmm ill download the EU version and make the code if you want.. I might not post it up for a couple days though..

Well, I jumped, then opened the nitePR menu, went to "search", took search unknown value and then it told me to resume the game. So I did. Then when the player stood on the ground again, I searched for "Different", not for less or greater. Might try it again later.

I'd be really grateful for that, though I don't know if there's a cheat yet to unlock every planet (unless I'm wrong). Oh, and there's also the HIG Treehouse, which you can unlock when having all skillpoints. But there's a cheat to.. unlock every cheat, since you access the treehouse from Extras -> Cheats. There's another, easier way to get there, but I'd rather tell it, if you have problems to get the cheat working. (Tried with CWcheat, should work).

Quote Originally Posted by SonicVaan View Post
    Well, I jumped, then opened the nitePR menu, went to "search", took search unknown value and then it told me to resume the game. So I did. Then when the player stood on the ground again, I searched for "Different", not for less or greater. Might try it again later.
    you want to search for less and greater not same and different... because your Z cords are increasing
    Last edited by sdrawkcab; 03-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrawkcab View Post
    you want to search for less and greater not same and different... because your Z cords are increasing

That's exactly what I did, sir. :P
    Most of the time when I tried to experiment, it crashed.

Looking at Codejunkies's video for the PS2 code, you can use double-jump infinite times. So it seems, (I dunno if it's the same code logic, since I code stuff in ASM68k), that CJ's code seems to override the double-jump flag to 0, thus making you able to double-jump infinite times. I might be wrong though.

When I played the previous games on PS2, using Moonfly aka. Moonjump, I just have to hold the jump button to fly upwards. I dunno what is more possible, though.
    Last edited by SonicVaan; 06-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicVaan View Post
    That's exactly what I did, sir. :P
    Most of the time when I tried to experiment, it crashed.

Looking at Codejunkies's video for the PS2 code, you can use double-jump infinite times. So it seems, (I dunno if it's the same code logic, since I code stuff in ASM68k), that CJ's code seems to override the double-jump flag to 0, thus making you able to double-jump infinite times. I might be wrong though.

When I played the previous games on PS2, using Moonfly aka. Moonjump, I just have to hold the jump button to fly upwards. I dunno what is more possible, though.
    o: havent seen you in ages. damn so you still cant get it too work ): well that more of a way to find z coords not high jump. just find you z coords and then make a auto increase subroutine and joker that for a certain button.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrawkcab View Post
    and then make a auto increase subroutine and joker that for a certain button.
    Well, unfortunatley I don't have a clue about subroutines and "jokers" when it comes to CWcheat and/or nitePR.

But meh, I seem to be the only one who wants to explore the game fully, so if there is not a lot interest, it's fine and probably not worth the time. Shame though. :/

I'll try making one. I have the EU version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast