+ Reply to Thread

Default What do attribute to the sales increase for the xbox360, PS3

So as of late the X360 has been selling pretty well even selling more then the Wii by a small margin. With all the hype and advertising for Kinect and Move one would automatically assume that the sales increase is for the two hardware. I would like to hear what everyone thoughts are for the increase in sales and their reason for it?

My thought is that the 360 is selling much better but more as a replacement system then anything else. As we've all heard the saying, more hardcore games buy the 360 which also means more of them will rebuy a new and more stable unit. As of late on the use mareket the older versions of the x360 are everywhere and it can be found for as low as $120 for Elite systems without games. I've recently just played Halo and Halo 2 for the orginal xbox and well to complete the story I bought a used 360 and Halo 3. It took me no less then a day to find a system with one controller and 2 games for a total of $120. Of course I went to my local gamestop to get Halo 3. I still have the system but don't play it much anymore as most of the games I can get it for my PS3 with online multiplayer with no fee. The rest of my gaming needs I turn to the Wii. The PS3 sales increase tends to work out correctly with the release of Move and the recent new releases it has. The Wii sales are still strong from my point of view. I still see parents asking about Wii and it's games mainly Mario and the family fun games. Plus it helps that the Wii is release this month in the Speical Edition Red unit to go along with Xmas. I know of 4 kids getting that unit plus a few more games. When I have guest over the Wii always gets turn on for a quick drinking game plus to keep the kids indoor while we adults stay outside with the BBQ and mingle. That too helps sell the Wii.
    Last edited by WMD54; 12-24-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Default Re: What do attribute to the sales increase for the xbox360,

◕‿ ◕

Default Re: What do attribute to the sales increase for the xbox360,

too long; did not read. also b&.
    Last edited by WMD54; 12-24-2010 at 01:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread