+ Reply to Thread

Default No UMD conversion for new PSPgo

Saw this on another site last week.
    By Adam Dolge:
    In news that may have an impact on Sony's new handheld sales, a rep told Kotaku today that the company has scrapped plans for a system to transfer disc-based UMD games to work on the digital-only PSPgo. The Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesperson said the UMD conversion program will not be available at this time for legal and technical reasons.
    As you probably know, the new PSPgo will not have a UMD drive; instead Sony has opted for the new handheld to only use digital games. The PSPgo will retail for $250 USD, and games will be purchased and downloaded through the Internet.
    It will be interesting to see if Sony offers any solutions for UMD transfers in the future, but for now, the company has no transfer system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiend009 View Post
    Saw this on another site last week.
    By Adam Dolge:
    In news that may have an impact on Sony's new handheld sales, a rep told Kotaku today that the company has scrapped plans for a system to transfer disc-based UMD games to work on the digital-only PSPgo. The Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesperson said the UMD conversion program will not be available at this time for legal and technical reasons.
    As you probably know, the new PSPgo will not have a UMD drive; instead Sony has opted for the new handheld to only use digital games. The PSPgo will retail for $250 USD, and games will be purchased and downloaded through the Internet.
    It will be interesting to see if Sony offers any solutions for UMD transfers in the future, but for now, the company has no transfer system.
    We will probably get iso games on the PSPgo b4 sony gets them online legally :CD:
    My first Tut...
    http://www.codinghs.com/forums/showt...7491#post67491
    100th post lol i wish it was something else...
    http://www.codinghs.com/forums/showt...6873#post66873
    [04-07, 17:32] mark12 lol
    [04-07, 17:32] supafly12 HAPPY ILLEGAL FIREWORKS DAY
    [04-03, 02:14] shawnsx I'm tired
    [04-03, 02:16] shawnsx I just figured out 1337=leet
    [04-03, 02:25] supafly12 lol
    [04-03, 02:25] supafly12 want a cookie???

+ Reply to Thread