PDA

View Full Version : Buy, Sell, & Trade Section

SGT_PiTBULL
08-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, recently I've been trying to sell some of electronics on ebay and haven't really had much success. Then I remembered on another forum I used to go on they had a "Buy, Sell, & Trade Section". I just thought it would be kind of helpful for people to sell what they don't need, and for others to buy what they want or trade with others.

But yea, just an idea. :)
Whatdoesyouthink?

WMD54
08-22-2009, 06:37 PM
This has been suggested many times, I went through and looked, can't find many of them, guessing they've been deleted. but the reason that it always gets rejected is because of the possibility of scammers and whatnot. really, it's a "we don't want it because we don't want to get blamed for anything that could go wrong," and it's a valid reason.
really the only way i could see this being done in a manner that would protect the site and its owners from any responsibility would be doing it on a sub-domain or something, like shop.codinghs.com, with a completely different set of rules, and making people have a separate account and all sorts of stuff about "this site makes no guarantees about the validity of the things sold here, please make sure that you check the other person's reliability records and stuff"
and even then, i'm not sure that the possibility of trouble would be worth the hassle.

SGT_PiTBULL
08-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh okay, I see.
Makes sense.
Well, fuck selling online. Fuck ebay. :(

WMD54
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh okay, I see.
Makes sense.
Well, fuck selling online. Fuck ebay. :(
haha. you need to make things stand out, make things catch people's eye. USE CAPITAL LETTERS, exclamat!on po!nts and friendly words like free shipping if on something like ebay, or something comparable on sites like craigslist. you just need to be patient, and remember, people are always looking for a good deal, make what you're selling look like the best deal out there.

SGT_PiTBULL
08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Alright will do. :l

xWhite_Shadowx
08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
It can take a couple weeks, just be patient, eventually someone will want it.

SGT_PiTBULL
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
What's the best type of shipping to use on ebay?
UPS? US Postal Service?

WMD54
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
What's the best type of shipping to use on ebay?
UPS? US Postal Service?
i'd say probably ups or fedex. postal service usually takes too long imo.

xWhite_Shadowx
08-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Fedex is the fastest, got my Harddrive to me in less than a day from austin texas to houston

Kryss
08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah fedex always use it

Phython74
08-23-2009, 12:03 AM
put up the link SGT i will check it out and use your real pictures don't grab a pic from google

SGT_PiTBULL
08-23-2009, 12:41 AM
I will be getting a new camera in the next couple of weeks so I can't post any pics until then.
:\
The camera on my phone is the sh*ttiest thing ever and I don't have the cable to upload to my PC.

xWhite_Shadowx
08-29-2009, 06:59 PM
If you have internet there's a place you can send it, and I'm PRETTY sure you can bluetooth sync with a PS3 and put Photos there, but you're selling your PS2 to get the PS3 which is ironic :P

Kryss
08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
lol, Sell your stuff to your local ebay store.

Syphongamer08
08-30-2009, 11:03 PM
lol, Sell your stuff to your local ebay store.

pawn shop works just a well