PDA

View Full Version : Awsome yet untitled Syphon Filter hack

SliderKK
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Okay so I was playing Logan's Shadow, and I guess it was a random glitch but I was playing a game of Hidden Flames (Canyon; Sabotage) and for some reason I loaded Detroit instaid of Canyon! Everyone else loaded Canyon though! The bombs, codes and item boxes were seemingly at the same coordinates of Hidden Flames rather than Dirty Bombs, and the other players were moving around and sending their usual coordinates to me meaning that at times they were floating, sinking and running in and out of the walls, apparently, although I was just roaming Detroit normally on my screen, I was floating around and going in and out of walls in Canyon on other peoples screens. Obviously people left probably assuming I was hacking, and it didn't help that I was randomly killing people and did the objectives with ease. I thought about it for a bit and realized that a hack can be made to cause the same effect.

The game assigns a value to what map you will load off the disk when you enter a room from the lobby. Before the host starts the game a hacker could change said value to load an alternative map of there desire, for example, I would enter a game in the Canyon map, and a value of X would be entered in a certain address, before the host starts the game I could change that value to Y to load Detroit while everyone else loads Canyon. Then I could exploit the advantages.

So basically I am requesting for someone who knows more about codefinding to find what address defines what map you will load and make 5 codes for SFDM and 7 for SFLS. I don't think it would be as easy for SFCO because of the custom maps and whatnot.

And I am sure that it could be done in a similar way for other games (especially R:R since it uses the LS engine), why would they be any different? Probably even other games on other consoles such as the PC.