PDA

View Full Version : Assign Post to Group

MAD Industries
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I find myself responding to all sorts of posts and some of them are important that I follow up on them. Needless to say, I don't always remember every noob that needs help.

So I was wondering if someone could implement an option that allow me to select a group/category for my post which will then organize those posts and any replies (which quote that post) in a neat little section somewhere in my User CP. (like having a dynamic thread view that excludes all posts that are unrelated)

I would like to make the groups myself but if that's not possible then the ones I would find useful are as follows:

1. Help & Troubleshooting
2. Moderator Suggestions (this could even be expanded upon to automatically duplicate the post in the staff section)
3. Links Included (to make it easier to reference back to when someone else needs the same link)
4. Miscellaneous/Other

Pain_ELementaL
04-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Have you tried this?

In the User CP, go down to "Edit Options"

Then, about 1/4 of the page down, look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

Set it to "No e-mail notification".

Now everytime someone replies to a threaf that you create, or post in...it will be displayed in your User CP.

Now if you have some that you don't want to follow-up on, just un-subscribe them.

MAD Industries
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Have you tried this?

In the User CP, go down to "Edit Options"

Then, about 1/4 of the page down, look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

Set it to "No e-mail notification".

Now everytime someone replies to a threaf that you create, or post in...it will be displayed in your User CP.

Now if you have some that you don't want to follow-up on, just un-subscribe them.

Yep, I have looked into that. And if nobody can do the groups thing then ill have to use that.

The problem with that is then I only see the threads, not the posts. (and must click on it)
And with the really active threads, I end up scrolling through it to try and find where i posted.

My idea is like having a single thread for each group that is dynamic. Like your own personal thread that only includes posts that relate to you.