PDA

View Full Version : Socom Patch 1.50 News

SonniE
04-07-2009, 05:30 AM
Added the ability to join directly into a friend's game off of the friend's list.
Added password protected custom games.
Drastically improved the weapon selection ring. You can now move while selecting weapons and the weapon selection is much faster and more accurate.
Slightly reduced the Famas accuracy.
Improved the damage of the Desert Eagle. One shot kill with light and medium armor.
Improved sniper rifle damage. One shot kills with bolt action rifles on light and medium armor.
Fixed a large number of level exploits.
Channel names are sorted alphabetically by default.
Reduced the long fade in at the beginning of rounds to less than 1 second (the "darkness" is gone).
Added a 30 second game start timer to games when greater than 60% of the players ready up.
Clan patches are now displayed on your character in-game.
Clan tags are now displayed with your player name in-game.
Added center markers to all scopes and changed the color of the crosshairs so that they are visible at night.
Kill cam stops following target after 5 seconds.
Button prompts in death cam fade out after 5 seconds.
Target Spotting now defaults to off.
Weapons selected in-game are not saved to your custom loadout.

Details From
http://blog.socom.com/en-us/post/2009/04/SOCOM-Confrontation-150-Update.aspx

WhoIsYou
04-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Lmao too many people complain about the FAMAS, now you'll have people walking around with one shot kill guns on them... Stupid ****s... Heavy Armor FTW!

Pain_ELementaL
04-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Tis great. I'm happy about everything on that list except...

"Improved the damage of the Desert Eagle. One shot kill with light and medium armor."

I use the DE now, and pwn with it. It should be 2-3 shot kill.

WhoIsYou
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Well it's a .50 cal after all... But still a handgun... Maybe 2 shot kill with light-medium.

Pain_ELementaL
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Well it's a .50 cal after all... But still a handgun... Maybe 2 shot kill with light-medium.

Yeah, I know it's got the same size bullet width, but it's nowhere as powerful as a sniper.

Idk, it's just going to be annoying. I know I'll be using it as a primary if it really is 1sk.

WhoIsYou
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
They should've done like
DE 1sk on light 2sk on medium, 3sk on heavy
Snipers 1sk on light/medium 2sk on heavy

But if its like i shoot you in the foot and you die, I'll be pissed.

Pain_ELementaL
04-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Bolt action snipers should be 1sk on anyone. Rifles that are powerful enough to tear through manhole covers from 500yds away should be able to take down a human.

I agree on your deagle theory though.

WhoIsYou
04-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Bolt action makes it more powerful but the fact that it's bolt action doesn't mean it's super strong :/ But yeah, the M87ELR is .50cal that shit should be 1sk on anyone...

Pain_ELementaL
04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I only brought bolt-action in the conversation because it wouldn't be fair to have the SASR that powerful...since it's semi-auto. :p

WhoIsYou
04-16-2009, 08:50 AM
More Patch info --

Hello, All-

I’m glad we were able to share with you last week some of the community requested features that will be included in Patch 1.50. I talked with one of our producers this week and found out about a few more items I wanted to share with you.

* Option to Disable D-Pad lean and re-assign left and right directional buttons.
* Ladder Climb less audible.
* Round timer for 8x8 Medley decreased to 5 minutes.
* Picking up the bomb prompt now has priority when a body is on top of the bomb.

I know you are all anxious for this patch to be released. As work continues on it, we will update you on its progress.

I also found out the answer to another question I have been getting lately. Many have wondered if there was going to be another stat reset with this patch. I learned that at this time, there are no plans for a stat wipe.

We hope you continue to enjoy Confrontation as the team continues to work to get Patch 1.5 out to you. We do read the forums and appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

Cindy Bowens
Community Manager
SCEA

You can comment on this post here.

Woot ladder climbing won't be so loud! Stealth ftw.

SonniE
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Yay fixing their fuck ups!