PDA

View Full Version : Java Programming--Help----

c_t_r_h34dsh0t
01-20-2009, 12:56 AM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS PROGRAM I DONT GET IT!!

Write a grading program to be used by a teacher that has the following grading policies. The program should allow the teacher to insert the name of student, the student’s id number, and the grade for each assignment. The program should calculate and display the students totals and the class totals:

There are two quizzes, each graded on the basis of 10 points (display an error message if the user doesn’t enter a number from 1-10 and prompt them to renter the correct value).
There is one midterm exam and one final exam, each graded on the basis of 100 points.
The final exam counts for 50% of the grade, the midterm counts for 25%, and the two quizzes together count for a total of 25%. (Do not forget to normalize the quiz scores. They should be converted to a percent before they are averaged in.)

Any grade of 90 or more is an A, and grade of 80 or more (but less than 90) is a B, any grade of 70 or more (but less than 80) is a C, any grade of 60 or more (but less than 70) is a D, and any grade below 60 is an F. The program will read in the student’s scores and output the student’s record, which consist of two quizzes and two exam scores as well as the student’s overall numeric score for the entire course and final letter grade.

Define and use a class for the students’ records. The class should have:

· Private instance variables for the quizzes, midterm, final, course overall numeric score, and course final letter grade.

· The overall numeric score is a number in the range from 0 to 100, which represents the weighted average of the student’s work.

· Various methods

o Mutator and accessor

· Arrays

· Loops (do, for, and do while)

· If statements

· Case statements

The input method should not ask for the final numeric grade nor should it ask for the final letter grade. The class should have methods to compute the overall numeric grade and the final letter grade. Remember, one method can call another method. If you prefer, you can define a single method that sets both the overall numeric score and the final letter grade, but if you do this, use a helping method. Your class should include mutator methods that set a students name and points scored on the two quizzes, the midterm, and final.

Allow multiple students grades to be computed. After the student’s individual scores are entered and calculated, display the student’s final grade. Use an array to hold the students attributes. After each student's grade is tabulated list the following options for the user to select from (the following should be in the form of a menu):

a.) Input student personal information

a. Name

b. Classification

c. Id #

b.) Overall Class Grades

· Before the class grades are displayed, give the user the option to either display the students name or id number next to their corresponding grade

o Display each student’s overall grade (just their overall grade, not the grade for each assignment)

c.) Class Statistics:

This will display a graph to represent the number of A’s, B’s, C’s, D’s, and E’s for following (once the user has selected this option give them the choice to view the graph for the items listed below):

· Quizzes

· Midterm exams

· Final exams

· Final grades

Before you display the graph output the actual number of A’s, B’s, C’s, D’s, and E’s. Your output should look as follows (the number increments are up to you):

A’s: 7

B’s: 30

C’s: 45

D’s: 15

E’s: 10

0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100%

| | | | | | | | | | |

*** A

************** B

********************* C

******* D

**** E

d.) Class Summary

· Display all students grades

a. Before the class grades are displayed, give the user the option to either display the students name or id number next to their corresponding grades:

i. Display each score on the two quizzes, the midterm, final exam, and final grade.

e.) Student Summary (individual):

Look up student using their id number and display the following:

· The name of the student

· The students classification

· The student’s numeric score from each assignment (quiz, midterm, and final).

· The student’s final letter grade.

f.) Exit

You may add other methods if you wish. Your program should start and end with the menu above. Include a demo program to test the class.

Set two students (including their grades) in the demo program. If I run the program and choose option b the two students will be displayed.

Thanks In Advance!

xWhite_Shadowx
01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Java's easy, I just finished my 3rd year.

Unfortunately for you, I don't feel like reading all that.

c_t_r_h34dsh0t
01-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Java's easy, I just finished my 3rd year.

Unfortunately for you, I don't feel like reading all that.

sorry for my late reply but it's ok. I just don't get programming at all....C++ visualBasics all that lmao. And that was my midterm...emailed it to myself hoping to do it at home.

solowestside
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
yea i dont think anyone is going to read all of it....sum it up to a question???

CaNANDian
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I think it's an assignment for his class, and he wants someone to do it for him.

solowestside
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
lol probably

c_t_r_h34dsh0t
01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I think it's an assignment for his class, and he wants someone to do it for him.

yeah it was my midterm. I wanted a response from someone to help me with it because I really don't get programming at all.

solowestside
01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
well i would help but i dont wanna read it all

Blaze_Fire
01-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Someone should have paid attention in class... xD

c_t_r_h34dsh0t
01-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Someone should have paid attention in class... xD

no no I actually study...read over my notes...practice... all that stuff and it didnt help at all. Programming just doesn't come to me like other subjects.

solowestside
01-25-2009, 11:24 PM
what kind of class makes you program.....and i dont use java so im not any help i use VB

c_t_r_h34dsh0t
01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
what kind of class makes you program.....and i dont use java so im not any help i use VB

lol in high school its Java Programming. Its a required class for me because i take ATMS physics. In my school u take VB first before java but i didn't even know what you did in the classes so i just chose java...so i know nothing about the basics.

solowestside
01-26-2009, 09:51 PM
vb is easy to use...but i cant help you on this one...sorry

SonniE
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
you should have posted what you had if you wanted help would have been easier.
this program looks based around classes try getting one of the programming books from this site Poorkingz posted 98 java text books one prolly has this as an example