PDA

View Full Version : [Calc] App pack for programming

WMD54
10-10-2008, 09:21 PM
This was written assuming that you already have TI Connect installed on your computer. If you don't you can download it here (http://education.ti.com/downloads/files/computer_software/ticonnect_eng.exe).

ok, since i will be making some guides about programming on a TI-83 or TI-84 calculator (and possibly others depending on if the language changed any), first im gonna give you the programs that i use. for the computer, i have 2 programs: TI-Graph Link 83 Plus and TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger. i also have an app on my calcuator: MirageOS - it's a shell (like IRShell for PSP).
Download all these HERE (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I69MSJRF).
Now i'm gonna explain all these.

TI-Graph Link 83 Plus:
basically this is a compiler for the calculator programs - you can write programs using this and then save it in the .83p or .8xp format necessary to use it on your calculator. for a menu of some of the commands, press the PRGM button on the keyboard on the right side of your screen. I'll go more into this when i'm making the actual programming guides.

TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger:
this program was designed to do something with the writing of applications,
but i just use it for an calculator emulator to test programs w/o needing to put them on my calculator. what you do is open it up, press the "new" button and then select TI-83 Plus Silver Edition. Then up on the menu bar, select "load" and then "ram file" and select your program. then under the words "view" and "load" on the menu bar there's a play button. press that to start the emulator and it works just like your actual calculator. you can use your keyboard or use your mouse to press the calc buttons to control it. either works.

MirageOS:
now this is a handy little program that will let you run assembly games (i.e. games), as well as some other cool things, like blocking the memory menu from access, which is handy for making sure that teachers can't delete your stuff, allows you to use lowercase letters when writing programs, and has a pw protect function.
Here's how to block the memory menu:
1) start up MirageOS by going to APPS and select MirageOS(tip: after the first time you start it up, there's a hotkey to start it: press APPS and then ON.)
2) press ALPHA to bring up the options menu.
3) go to "tasker and key hooks".
4) select "block the memory menu from access".
5) and you're done.
there's other goodies to be found - explore!

~Written by WMD54
please do not repost without permission