i likeit it blends well

MZA
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
agreed.....
BUT
hmmmm....
idk how to put it....
well.....
the BG doesnt really fit the stock :S.....
try and make the BG more 'natural' to the render/stock......
'cos ATM....the BG is a 'straight edged modern-abstract-looking C4D' and the dragon is well.....a mythical creature.....but i guess its up to u......just my opinion ;)
also......never be afraid to erase parts of the render......what i mean is that if u were to erase (in a GOOD area) of the wing, u could quite easily betgin to add depth.....
take my current 'gorillaz' sig as an example.......the guy is part of the BG (in a way - as the cloudy sh1t behind him is also in front o' him).....

sorry about the 'harsh' crit. but IMO u seem like the sort that can take it criticism :)

xWhite_Shadowx
09-16-2008, 02:20 PM
agreed.....
BUT
hmmmm....
idk how to put it....
well.....
the BG doesnt really fit the stock :S.....
try and make the BG more 'natural' to the render/stock......
'cos ATM....the BG is a 'straight edged modern-abstract-looking C4D' and the dragon is well.....a mythical creature.....but i guess its up to u......just my opinion ;)
also......never be afraid to erase parts of the render......what i mean is that if u were to erase (in a GOOD area) of the wing, u could quite easily betgin to add depth.....
take my current 'gorillaz' sig as an example.......the guy is part of the BG (in a way - as the cloudy sh1t behind him is also in front o' him).....

sorry about the 'harsh' crit. but IMO u seem like the sort that can take it criticism :)

Sig got pwnd? Do mine now! I used same render :]

---------------

Btw about the sig... i like it, but i dont think u did enough to blend it into the bg, what i do now to blend my renders is pretty much just add the render as my second layer over the "basic" bg i add in at first so as i go along i can brush the render into the bg

MZA
09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
lol
ill do tmrw - cnt be f*ked now :S
and @ WIY
i meant no offense in ANY way WHATSOEVER.....
i was just tellin my honest opinion :)

WhoIsYou
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Don't worry about it I like the advice :] Thanks :D

floppybunny
09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
actually, i think it was done quite well. at first i didnt like it but i looked at it a second time and now i think it actually looks really good. great use of c4ds and blending and lighting. but do better in ur text

WhoIsYou
09-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah I did really bad with the text :)
But thanks =]