PDA

View Full Version : offline/splitscreen multiplayer games

WMD54
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
I was looking at games over the weekend and I was surprised by how few games had the ability for more than one person to play using the same system. I mean, the PS3 can support up to what, 7 controllers, and most of the games out there, if they have multiplayer, are all one person per PS3, playing online. I don't know whether sony and the game devs think that everybody who has a PS3 has no friends or they just want everybody to go buy their own system and own copy of the game, but it seems stupid to me.
[/rant]
Anyways... does anybody know of some good games that have single system multiplayer, be it splitscreen or other form of multiplayer, that are like a.... hmmm... party game I guess, something that maybe not everybody will love, but nobody will hate, and most people will play? I have Army of 2, which has co-op play and I'm thinking of getting Madden, and maybe Gran Turismo 5, which 2 people can play at once, when it comes out, but some general interest games that everybody could play and enjoy? All suggestions are appreciated.

Pain_ELementaL
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas 2, CoD:WaW, Resistance FoM & Resistance 2.

Just off of the top of my head :)

WMD54
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas 2, CoD:WaW, Resistance FoM & Resistance 2.

Just off of the top of my head :)
all shooter games though. can you think of some that aren't? cause i've got a couple friends that aren't really into shooters.

Pain_ELementaL
10-19-2009, 11:00 PM
all shooter games though. can you think of some that aren't? cause i've got a couple friends that aren't really into shooters.

Guitar Hero/Rockband, Little Big Planet...that's about all I can think of lol.

WMD54
10-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Guitar Hero/Rockband, Little Big Planet...that's about all I can think of lol.
it's all good. thanks for the ideas ^_^

BLack_OpsKiLLa
10-19-2009, 11:54 PM
they took out split screen in midnight club l.a =( But Resident evil 5 has co-op

CaNANDian
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Wipeout HD, off the PSN store $20 for a great game

WhoIsYou
10-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Same problem here, can never find good games to play with my bro >:[
I miss the Ps2 days, quite a few decent split screen games.

I know you said no more shooters, but um... Borderlands :D RPG/Shooter, just came out today. Has up to 4 player online, and 2 player split screen.

WMD54
10-20-2009, 11:14 PM
hmmm borderlands does look interesting... it might get added to my list of games to get.